Quality and Safety
Quality and Safety
Tipton Mills is committed to give our customers’ delicious and safe food and beverage products. We provide these with a dedication to exceeding customer expectations for quality, satisfaction and food safety, delivered by a team that advocates for our customers, is easy to do business with, and with a sense of warmth, honesty, transparency, individual pride, and company spirit.
In order to achieve the highest possible quality and food safety standards in our industry we will strive to advocate the following quality values;
- Produce a quality product in a environment that is food and worker safe.
- Provide dynamic leadership in a work environment that encourages employee advocacy for our customers.
- Partner with our customers and suppliers to develop products that will meet or exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Promote systems and processes that will enable employees to meet customer requirements and help us become an efficient producer in our industry.
- Deal honestly and fairly with our customers, suppliers, employees, and regulators.
Tipton Mills Foods’ Quality Assurance processes rely on proactive measures, trained operators and a detailed set of policies and procedures.
- Fully functioning HACCP plans that include temperature control (liquid), screens, magnets, and metal detection.
- Procedures and protocols for any deviations.
- Implemented Pathogen Environmental Monitoring program to monitor the environment of the plant.
- Allergen control program to effectively control the use of allergen containing raw materials and finished products.
- Master Cleaning Schedules for the entire facility as well as cleaning procedures designed specifically for each piece of equipment.
- ATP swabs used to verify the effectiveness of cleaning
- Allergen quick swabs used to verify the effectiveness of cleaning following an allergen cleaning.
- Preventative maintenance schedules and procedures for each piece of equipment
- Sieve Testing – particle size distribution
- Moisture – moisture level of products
- Bulk Density – measure of the volume of products
- Flodex – measure of product flow (powders)
- Brew Testing for K-cups – performance of powders in k-cups
- Viscosity – thickness of a product
- pH – acidity or alkalinity of products
- Organoleptic Testing – appearance, aroma, and flavor of a product